THC is considered as one of the main elements of cannabis along with a few other components. The other major components of cannabis other than THC are CBN and CBD. These three elements of cannabis determine the potency of the plant and what effects it has on the human body. High THC strains may have many adverse effects on the human body causing memory loss and time lapses. But the first thing we need to do is to understand what exactly THC is. THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is one of the main components of cannabis and some other qualities of THC are listed below:
- It has a lot of benefits: There maybe various benefits of THC like it is considered to initiate feelings of well being and creativity among people. It is also known to have a lot of health benefits and provides relief to people in most situations.
- Psycho active effects: THC has very strong psycho active effects. Usually higher than other psycho active substances like caffeine and alcohol.
- The overdose of THC can cause a lot of health issues usually comprising of lethargy and slurred speech. Other effects may include feelings of anxiousness in most people.
- Effects of THC such as disorientation, memory lapses and anxiety can be prevented if CBN and CBD are also present in high quantity. Although CBN is also psycho active but it is much less psycho active than THC. On the other hand CBD is not psycho active and has a lot of positive effects on the human body. CBD is known to reduce pain and anxiety in people, it is also known to stop the growth of cancer cells in human body.
- THC has a low solubility in water while it is easily soluble in other liquids like alcohol and other organic solvents.