Aside from the multiple slang terms we have for marijuana like weed, Mary Jane and 4:20, we also have a lot more terms when it comes to the amounts. When people purchase weed, you won’t hear them say the exact amount ‘Oh get me half a pound of weed’, this isn’t a market; that’s why beginners and newbies get confused when hearing about weed purchases. Since we don’t want you to get confused about terms like 1 8 of weed, or eighth, grams, ounces and so one we’ll explain them to you.
Here are some of the most commonly used terms when purchasing or judging the amount of weed. Hopefully by the time you read this article you won’t be confused by all the terms surrounding the buying and selling of weed, especially when veterans are involved:
- Gram – users are able to buy pre-rolled weed, but grams are considered the smallest amount of weed you can purchase; they’re sold as collective or dispensary.
- Eighth – an eighth or 1 8 weed equates to 3.5 grams, we used ‘eighth’ since they refer to 1/8 of an ounce.
- Quarter – when we say quarter, we mean ¼ of an ounce. To get a better idea, one quarter is equivalent to 2 eighths or about 7 grams.
- Half – a half is one half of an ounce, it’s equivalent to two quarters or 4 eighths, some even use the measurement 14 gram for their halves.
- Ounce – one ounce is equivalent to around 4 quarters, 2 half ounces, 8 eighths and even 28 grams.
- Pound – one pound is a ton of weed, it’s equivalent to 16 ounces or an estimated 64 quarters. Some users also use the terms 128 eighths or around 448 grams.