Individuals who are dealing with drug addiction need to consider professional drug treatment facilities for them to recover. The chemical nature in drugs is high and without a proper detoxification it is not possible to get over the addiction. There are a number of facilities for drug treatment Orange County has to offer, but it is very important to choose one that provides effective treatment options.
The reason getting over a drug addiction is tough is because these drugs give users a ‘high’ which is caused due to shifts in the neurotransmitters. This makes the user feel euphoria, loaded with energy and focus and this causes a chemical imbalance in the body that creates a craving for the drug when the body runs out of it. The sooner you choose the right facility for drug treatment Orange County has to offer, the lesser the damage of the drug and the sooner the user recovers.
Drug Addiction Facts
Almost 15 percent of all drug abuse cases that need rehabilitation do not receive drug addiction treatment. Here are a few facts of this widespread problem of drug addiction across the country.
- There number of drug related emergency cases has been increasing by the year. The visits to the Emergency Room for heroin related incidents and incidents involving marijuana and cocaine are alarmingly increasing by the day.
- As per shocking stats, almost five percent of high school students have tried meth at least once and three percent have used methamphetamine at least once.
- Another survey recently revealed that over 20,000 individuals have abused hydrocodone for recreational use.
- As per a recent poll, more than a million people regularly abuse cocaine.
- More than 10 million people have driven a vehicle while being intoxicated with illegal drugs.
Benefits Of Drug Rehab
It is tough to overcome drug addiction without professional help which is why one needs to consider getting professional drug treatment.
Group And Family Sessions
When you choose an effective facility for drug treatment Orange County has to offer, you get the right treatment which includes sessions with the patient’s family as well as other addicts who want to overcome the addiction. This helps in a number of ways since it helps the patient connect with their family in a better manner and also gives them more confidence and motivation to give up the addiction.
Many drug rehab programs conduct thorough testing, physical assessments and various examinations to develop a tailored treatment for the patient. The therapies are adjusted to work according to individual learning styles and the history of the patient. The type of drug that was abused is also taken into consideration.
Life Skill Training
Patients are also taught various life skills that will help them live a drug free and productive life. They are taught techniques of communication, stress and anger reduction skills, organizational instruction and time management skills. These skills help the patients integrate seamlessly into society and live a normal life.